Strong Lifts 5x5

Started April 28 on Stronglifts 5x5. Old school strength training that gets results.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Day 27

Week 4 Day 6

End of another week and the first month of this challenge. Cardio day and when I stepped on the treadmill I was really lacking the motivation. Started my run and by the end of the first interval set my mind was already playing the "man you worked hard enough this week" card. Really had to dig down to find the mental state I needed. Happily I managed to find it and finished of the week with a great run. Right on my best distance and really felt like I hit my 10.

Weigh in this morning. 208.5 lbs. Down 1.3lbs, which is under the 2lbs per week I look for but I have to accept that as I get closer to my goal weight, the harder it is going to be. Also have to recognize that I took my free day one day later than normal and had more than a few drinks that night, which I normally would not do. Booze and weight loss do not go hand in hand.

So, it is what it is. 11 lbs down in the first month. More importantly, seeing gains in my strength and cardio and losing inches. Clothes getting looser again. All in all a great first month. My motivation remains high and my resolve like iron. I will hit my goals, there is no other option!

Free day today and it will be pretty clean as penance for over doing the booze last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment