Strong Lifts 5x5

Started April 28 on Stronglifts 5x5. Old school strength training that gets results.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 15

Week 2 Day 7

Had a good free day on Friday. Didn't go overboard on the food. Had a couple slices of pizza for dinner and man did it make me feel like crap after. Its amazing how quickly your body gets used to clean eats and how badly it can react to high fat and salt food like pizza. Did get out for a nice long walk with the pooch.

Week 3 Day 1

UBWO yesterday. Good workout especially arms and shoulders. Hit my 10's there. Doing bent over rows for back and its funny, while doing them I felt like I wasn't pushing enough weight at all, but later on and this morning I sure can feel it. Must be hitting the muscles in a new way.

Ran down to Walmart to buy some more workout clothes. Man did it feel great to bypass the XXLs and XLs I used to always try on first and go right to Larges. Even tried on some mediums and they are very close to fitting. I bought one medium top to use as a goal. I want to be fitting it by week 6 at minimum. I couldn't tell you the last time a medium anything fit me.

This journey isn't a vanity thing for me, it is all health driven, but I can't lie. If feels great to go and try on clothes and see them fit me so much better. Went to Moores as well and tried on a couple suits/sport coats. I hardly recognized myself. Instead of the the big baggy suits I have worn, the ones I tried on were fitted and sleek. Felt like a million bucks.

Obviously not going to drop a couple hundred bucks on new suits right now, not with another 20lbs or so and a couple more pants sizes to drop, but when I get to my goal weight look out credit card!

No comments:

Post a Comment