Strong Lifts 5x5

Started April 28 on Stronglifts 5x5. Old school strength training that gets results.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year!

2011 is here. The older I get the faster the years seem to speed by. It's been 2.5 months since I finished by BFL 12 week challenge. I am happy to say that I have been able to continue living the BFL lifestyle. I finished by challenge at 215lbs and weighed in this morning after the holiday season at 208lbs.

While I will admit I didn't hit my goals for the end of the year, I am still very happy with myself. I continued to work out 5-6 days a week though until Christmas and was able to not go crazy during the holidays. Probably the first year I didn't gain any weight over Christmas. I certainly didn't feel like I was depriving myself. I enjoyed all the Christmas goodies when I felt like them. The difference was I didn't over indulge. If I felt like a gingerbread cookie, I had one. In the past I would have had numerous cookies every day.

Christmas morning was quite a revelation for me. In years past, my family would tend to buy me chocolates, booze etc for Christmas as well, that is what I liked. This year, under the tree from my wife was new runners and some gym clothes. And man, I was so excited. New Nike Airs! WOOHOO! The clothes as well were so exciting to try on. Large shirts and a couple sweaters instead of 2XXL and they all fit great.

When I got dressed for my Christmas parties this year I felt like a kid wearing my dad's clothes. I was swimming in my dress clothes and suit jacket. I ended up wearing a new pair of jeans to the party as well as to my mother's house for Christmas dinner.

So looks like some shopping is going to be in order this year.

I took a vacation from the gym over Christmas. No workouts at all from Dec 23rd until Jan 2. My body feels much better for it. After 5+ months of 6 days a week my body was really running down a bit. I had accumulated numerous aches and pains that only some time off would treat. While physically my body enjoyed the much needed break, man I sure missed it.

It felt great to get into the gym on Sunday for an UBWO. Its funny, even with only such a short time off, my muscles sure are feeling it. Almost as much as when I first started back in July. I can only imagine what my legs are going to feel like after today's LBWO.What a glorious feeling!

So Happy New Year! Its a New Year with new goals to hit! Give it your all!

No comments:

Post a Comment