Strong Lifts 5x5

Started April 28 on Stronglifts 5x5. Old school strength training that gets results.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day 74

Week 11 Day 4

Cardio day. Had a great run. Probably my best in the last 2 weeks. Set a new best distance which while nice was not the reason I rate it as my best in a couple weeks. It was great because mentally I was back in a focused state of mind which had been missing for a couple weeks.

After 2 months of this routine I found myself not pushing nearly as hard as I was when I started. I mean, yes over all I am pushing more weight and running farther that when I started, quite a bit more when you get right down to it. But I just wasn't pushing for that 10 like I really wanted it. I was more in a "that's good enough" state of mind.

It's kind of a funny thing when you get to this stage of the 12 weeks. I have hit almost all of my goals. I feel a million times better than when I started. While I still have a ways to go, I am so happy with the results it gets harder to maintain that drive and harness that extra gear to push for a 10 that I started the program with.

Its even more of a mental game right now that the first months were. To set my mind that I am not going to coast through the finish line but find my finishing kick and drive hard to the end of the race.

8 workouts and 10 days left in the first stage of my journey to better health and fitness. Need to make them the best of the bunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment