Strong Lifts 5x5

Started April 28 on Stronglifts 5x5. Old school strength training that gets results.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 30

Week 5 Day 2

Had a very good cardio session. Pushed my Distance to 2.75

Went over to my Mom's house on Sunday afternoon as my nieces and nephews were up visiting. Had a nice BBQ with the family. Stayed away from the wine, which normally me and my Mom would kill a bottle or more between us. Had 2 Molson 67's the whole night. One nice thing about being an ex chef is I do the cooking for the family gatherings. We had roasted sweet potatoes, BBQ Chicken and green salad with lots of veggies in it, green beans and some Sauteed prawns as an appy. All cooked with minimal oil, no butter or anything. Skipped desert and special coffee. The nice thing was even though I changed how I would normally cook for the family (without telling them), everyone still loved the food.

I haven't told the family that I am doing the BFL challenge. Most of my family lives about 3 hrs away so I only see them every couple months at best. I want it to be a surprise when I walk into my sister's place in Oct for thanksgiving and blow them all away with the new me.

No comments:

Post a Comment